Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Victorious Americans

Today is America’s Presidential Election. I have witnessed the campaigns of both Obama and McCain through CNN. Kris would always tune in to either CNN or Fox News for breaking news regarding the two. At one time, I called him election obsessed. We’re not American citizens for crying out loud but for some reason, this election has brought him inspiration. He admires Barack Obama and is rooting for him. While I am not siding on any one of them, my heart goes for Obama somehow.

At 12 noon, PH time McCain graciously conceded over Obama’s victory. With him on the stage were his wife Cindy and running mate Sarah Palin and her husband. I was nearly in tears while he was speaking in front of his many supporters. I can see in his eyes the disappointment. His sadness saddens me for some reason. I don’t know if it is because I can feel him or I am just naturally emotional because I am pregnant.

On the other hand, people were waiting for Barack at the Grant Park in Chicago. He too will have his speech and American people are enthusiastically waiting for him. I am too. I am thinking that he’s going to be emotional. Not long after, he came out of the stage with wife Michelle and two kids. There were smiles in their faces while tears were running down the cheeks of both the black and white Americans. I was nearly in tears too. At long last, a black American will never be discriminated again as they were hundred years back.

President elect Barack Obama indeed create history different from others. I pray that he will be the man of God who will lead the world’s leading country the way God wants him to lead it.

God Bless America.

No comments: